BestTestCup’s easy-to-use 14-panel drug testing strips detect both prescription and illicit drugs with 99 percent accuracy. They include the following categories of the most abused drugs:
- Amphetamines are stimulants that speed up the body’s system. They can look like pills or powder and can be used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. When abused, amphetamines can cause an intense high. Side effects include decreased appetite and weight loss, insomnia, mood swings, aggression, paranoia and anxiety, to name a few. Common street names include Bennies, Black Beauties, Crank, Ice, Speed and Uppers.
- Barbiturates are depressants. They slow down the central nervous system and produce a wide-range of symptoms from mild sedation to coma. They come in a wide variety of multicolored pills and tablets. They have been used as sedatives, hypnotics, anesthetics and anticonvulsants. Common street names include: Barbs, Block Busters, Christmas Trees, Goof Balls, Pinks, Red Devils, Reds & Blues, and Yellow Jackets.
- Buprenorphine is an opioid used to treat opioid use disorder, acute and chronic pain. It is sold under the brand name Subutex. It helps prevent withdrawal symptoms caused by stopping the use of other opioids.
- Benzodiazepines are depressants. They have largely replaced barbiturates. They also are used to produce sedation and hypnosis, relieve anxiety and muscle spasms, and reduce seizures. The most common benzodiazepines are the prescription drugs Valium, Xanax, Halcion, Ativan, and Klonopin. Common street names include Benzos and Downers.
- Cocaine is a euphoria-producing stimulant drug that is highly addictive. It is derived from coca leaves. It is usually distributed as a white crystalline powder and is often diluted (cut) with a variety of substances to stretch the amount of product. Cocaine base (crack) looks like small, irregularly shaped chunks or rocks. Powdered cocaine can be snorted or injected after dissolving in water. Crack is smoked. Common street names include: Blow, Coca, Coke, Crack, Flake, Snow, and Soda Cot..
- Marijuana is a green, brown or gray mixture of dried, shredded leaves, stems, seeds and flowers of the Cannabis sativa plant. THC is the main ingredient that produces the psychoactive effect. It can be smoked or ingested (usually mixed in with foods). It has been legalized for both medical and recreational use in a number of states. However, it is still illegal under federal law. Common street names include: Aunt Mary, BC Bud, Blunts, Boom, Chronic, Dope, Gangster, Ganja, Grass, Hash, Herb, Hydro, Indo, Joint, Kif, Mary Jane, Mota, Pot, Reefer, Sinsemilla, Skunk, Smoke, Weed, and Yerba..
- Methadone and Metabolite, Urine – Methadone is used in the detoxification and maintenance programs for physical dependence on narcotics. Testing for methadone can assist with determining compliance with maintenance program prescriptions and in determining dose effectiveness. EDPP is the metabolite of Methadone. It is the molecule obtained after the body has modified the basic molecule of Methadone to eliminate it and which can be found in urine..
- Methamphetamine, or Meth, is a powerful stimulant. The FDA-approved brand name is Desoxyn. It can be used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and to assist with weight loss. Regular meth is a pill or powder. Crystal meth resembles glass fragments or shiny blue-white “rocks” of various sizes. Common street names include: Batu, Bikers Coffee, Black Beauties, Chalk, Chicken Feed, Crank, Crystal, Glass, Go-Fast, Hiropon, Ice, Meth, Methlies Quick, Poor Man’s Cocaine, Shabu, Shards, Speed, Stove Top, Tina, Trash, Tweak, Uppers, Ventana, Vidrio, Yaba, and Yellow Bam..
- Morphine is a non-synthetic narcotic with a high potential for abuse and is derived from opium. It is used for the treatment of pain. It is marketed under generic and brand name products, including: MS-Contin, Oramorph SR, MSIR, Roxanol, Kadian, and RMS. Common street names include: Dreamer, Emsel, First Line, God’s Drug, Hows, M.S., Mister Blue, Morf, Morpho, and Unkie..
- Oxycodone is a semi-synthetic narcotic analgesic and historically has been a popular drug of abuse. It is highly addictive and used to treat pain. It is marketed as OxyContin and comes in extended- and immediate-release capsules. Common street names include: Hillbilly Heroin, Kicker, OC, Ox, Roxy, Perc, and Oxy..
- Phencyclidine, or PC, mind-altering drug that may lead to hallucinations. It was developed as an intravenous anesthetic in the 1950s, but was discontinued due to serious neurotoxic side effects. In its purest form, PCP is a white crystalline powder that dissolves quickly in water or alcohol and has a distinctive bitter chemical taste. On the illicit drug market, PCP contains a number of contaminants causing the color to range from a light to darker brown with a powdery to a gummy mass consistency..
- Propoxyphene is an opioid pain reliever used to treat mild to moderate pain. It is sold under various names as a single-ingredient product ( for example, Darvon) and as part of a combination product with acetaminophen (for example Darvocet)..
- Nortriptyline hydrochloride, the active metabolite of amitriptyline, is a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA). It is used in the treatment of major depression and is also used off-label for chronic pain and other conditions. Brand names of nortriptyline include Allegron, Aventyl, Noritren, Norpress, Nortrilen, Norventyl, Norzepine, Pamelor, and Sensoval, among many others.
SOURCES: DEA Resource Guide, Mayo Clinic
Instructions to Use the Cup:
It is as simple as peeing in a cup. There is no need to touch the 14-panel test strips because they are built in. The urine is absorbed directly into the strip. If one of the 14 drug analyte categories are triggered, you will see one line for positive and two for negative. Our test cups are FDA Approved and CLIA waived, meaning they are simple to use and do not require a trained medical professional to administer to get accurate results.
Discover and shop for our selection of quality drug detection products below.